Sour Cream 'n' Dill Chicken Recipe
- 8 to 10 chicken pieces, skin removed
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Cooked wide egg noodles, optional
- Place chicken in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Combine the soup, soup mix, sour cream, lemon juice, dill and mushrooms; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Serve over egg noodles if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sour Cream 'n' Dill Chicken
Sort By :
"Lots of the readers work full time and appreciate any time saving steps in recipes. This is not a gourmet recipe site but a home cooked meals site. Our moms used soups to flavor meals. As my mother said if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all!My family really enjoy the taste and I appreciate getting to eat something that tastes great before 9 PM!!!"
"envelope onion soup mix, canned mushroom soup, canned mushrooms?? I wouldn't feed this meal to a dog. Might as well go to MacDonals."
"I accidentally forgot to put the sour cream in it and everyone still loved it. in fact they said the next time i make it not to put the sour cream in cause it might mess with the taste they like! also i didnt use egg noodles...i made rice and green beans instead. tasted great!"
"Absolutely declicious recipe! Everyone throughly enjoy it. This will become a weekly favorite in our household. :)"
"This is one of our all time favorite recipes from Taste of Home. On those cool fall/winter days the most delicious aroma fills the kitchen and everyone is eagerly awaiting supper time. There is no hesitation serving this to important dinner guests as it always gets rave reviews and they want the recipe. I know when I warm up the leftovers in the staff lunch room - everyone comes in wanting to know what smells so good and could they please have the recipe. This dish reminds me of a chicken recipe that my grandma made - we loved it!!!"