- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the tomato sauce, tomato juice, tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, seasonings and beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Discard bay leaves. Serve with spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: about 2-1/4 quarts.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for So-Easy Spaghetti Sauce
"This is my go too recipe. Wonderful. Will make it again."
"I've tried many different spaghetti sauce recipes and this one is by far the best. Since I'm home most days I've made this recipe on the stove, but it is equally as good in the slow cooker. Will definately keep making this one. It freezes well too."
"Made this for my husband last night. He LOVED it and so did I. I added canned mushrooms and it was so delicious!"
"Because there are only the two of us at home, I halved everything. This was delicious and I will definitely make it again."
"This was fantastic & easy. Thanks for a great recipe! It was a great way to use frozen tomato juice from the garden. That gave it an extra special flavor."
"Excellent taste. Made it for extended family this past Sunday. Got great praise for the taste."