This mold is always on our holiday table. The raspberry layer makes an eye-catching base for the creamy cream cheese layer.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a small bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In a small saucepan, combine half-and-half and sugar. Cook and stir just until mixture comes to a simmer. Remove from the heat; stir into gelatin until dissolved.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Fold in gelatin mixture. Stir in vanilla. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set but not firm, about 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve raspberry gelatin in boiling water. Stir in raspberries until blended. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Unmold onto a serving plate; garnish with fresh berries if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Snowy Raspberry Gelatin Mold in Country Extra January 2009, p51
Reviews for Snowy Raspberry Gelatin Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review