- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snickerdoodles
Sort By :
"Great cookies! They turned out nice and soft, I did have to reduce the cooking time to 9 mins."
"Simple and delicious - reminded me of the old-fashioned ones I had as a kid. My cookies flatten out - unlike the picture."
"I've been making snickerdoodles for near 45 years. I have always chilled my dough for a couple of hours and have never had my cookies look like the little balls pictured here. Ball shaped snickerdoodles seems a little offputting."
"Didn't turn out quite picture perfect, but they were soft, sweet, and yummy!"