- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Snickerdoodles
Sort By :
"My 1st time making these cookies,and all i can say is they didn't last at all. Definitely a keeper!!!"
"I like to double the cinnamon. We make these cookies all the time."
"I have made these as written for several years, and they turn out as slightly puffy round cookies that are absolutely delicious. I have tried several other snickerdoodle recipes, and this is definitely my family's favorite. It's now my go-to recipe for snickerdoodles. I think my family would mutiny if I tried to use a different recipe."
"Here's a trick for cookies staying soft. Put them in an air tight container and add a couple pieces of bread. The cookies will stay soft. If your cookies are hard already do the same thing and they will soften up again."
"I've eaten and made a lot of snickerdoodles and these were, by far, the most disappointing snickerdoodles I've ever had. They flatten to crunchy pancakes."