Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In drippings, saute onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown. Place two bacon strips on each chicken breast half; top with caramelized onions and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Chicken Breasts(11)
Sort By :
I made this last night for the first time, and it was really delish. I did modify some things, however. Instead of lemon pepper rubbed chicken, I breaded the chicken in Panko because, I'm not a big fan of lemon pepper. Also, instead of bacon slices, I chopped the bacon into pieces before cooking it, and just piled it on top! The only thing I will do differently next time is put the cheese on top of the chicken, then the onions and bacon on top of the cheese so everything sticks together better. I highly recommend this dish.
was excellent a family pleaser. great
Made this tonight for my family and they LOVED it!
I had at my sister's place and absolutely loved it even tough I don't like onions. They were caramilzed and yummy.
This is a great flavor combination! I loved it! My only suggestion is to cook the bacon at the same time as the chicken in another skillet. At the end I placed the chicken in the skillet I had cooked the onions in and layered the chicken in there and allowed the cheese to melt. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >