Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In drippings, saute onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown. Place two bacon strips on each chicken breast half; top with caramelized onions and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
"We used Cheddar cheese and it was amazing. Will make again soon."
"Delicious!! I will definitely be making this again, maybe next time seasoning the chicken with something different than lemon pepper"
"This was very tasty. I will make it again."
"This is excellent, my husband wants it again. I didn't have the cheese the recipe called for so I used smoked gouda.......so good!! I will be making this again."
"Quick dinner and the bacon and onions really flavor the chicken. Next time I will use a different seasoning/spice as I don't like lemon pepper seasoning and thought it took away from the flavor rather than enhancing it."