Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In drippings, saute onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown. Place two bacon strips on each chicken breast half; top with caramelized onions and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
This is excellent, my husband wants it again. I didn't have the cheese the recipe called for so I used smoked gouda.......so good!! I will be making this again.
Quick dinner and the bacon and onions really flavor the chicken. Next time I will use a different seasoning/spice as I don't like lemon pepper seasoning and thought it took away from the flavor rather than enhancing it.
This was so easy and tasted amazing!!! Will definitely make again!
This was so good! I did not use the lemon-pepper seasoning, just black pepper, and I put cheddar cheese on instead of Colby-Monterey cheese. My picky 6-year old ate the whole portion super quick.
I thought it was just ok. Won't make again.