- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In drippings, saute onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown. Place two bacon strips on each chicken breast half; top with caramelized onions and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Chicken Breasts
Sort By :
"Turned out amazing! I put it all under the broiler for a minute to melt the cheese before serving."
"This dish has the right amount of sweetness with the brown sugar. My husband says he has never had anything like it but loves it. I will unquestionably be making this again. I did cut this recipe in half and also cut down on the bacon to only 2 slices but chopped it up."
"Made this tonite. My very picky family loved it! Very easy and so delicious. Even my daughter who always avoid onions said,"Mom, you should totally make this again!" Didn't change any ingredients but did crumbled the bacon. Thanks for sharing!!!"