Smothered Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 6-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°; remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In drippings, saute onion and brown sugar until onion is tender and golden brown. Place two bacon strips on each chicken breast half; top with caramelized onions and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Smothered Chicken Breasts(21)
Sort By :
Good -- the onions were delicious and a big hit! Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally (if thick) or they take forever to cook!
My husband loved it, I had a lot of fun creating something that was different from the normal weeknight meal
Good and easy to make
Delicious!!! Made for dinner tonight with some minor changes...had no chicken breasts so used 2 skinless thighs and legs and more onions! I may cut down the sugar or use Splenda since I am diabetic!
Pretty easy and delicious! I didn't use the brown sugar, Colby jack, or lemon pepper. I used mozzarella because that's what I had and garlic seasoning mix because I don't like lemon pepper. I followed others' suggestions and did the bacon and onion first. I think it would have been better with the Colby jack so next time I'll make sure I have it and I'll crumble the bacon because the strips just slide off.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >