- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the corn, black beans and 1/2 cup salsa. Top with chicken and remaining salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken
"This was a GREAT recipe and the best part is that it is SO easy!!! Family loved it! I used 1 can corn & 1 can Mexicorn and added some garlic powder, taco seasoning & chili powder. And I too made Spanish rice to go with it. But I topped this on the Spanish Rice (I used Rice-A-Roni's Spanish rice). I think I will add this to my quick fix recipes...! :)"
"Have made this dish several times, so easy and full of flavor."
"So good and easy!"
"I have made this recipe several times, and it's a favorite in our house. I add some spices to the top of chicken before topping with salsa. I add garlic salt, rosemary, cayenne and chili powder. ( I didn't always do it, and it was great before too, but just a little extra kick). Anyways, I love it!!!"
"My family and I LOVE this recipe. The other night, I didn't have time to thaw the chicken in time to get it into the crock pot for 6 hours. I put the ingredients into my electric skillet, and it worked wonderfully: very tender and flavorful either way I've prepared it!"