- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Increase heat to high. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring once.
- Serve with rice if desired. Sprinkle with raisins and coconut. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooker Pork and Apple Curry
Sort By :
"This was a quick, easy, and delicious meal that my entire family enjoyed! The curry flavor was very mild, which was nice for the kids. Next time, I would add a second apple to enhance the flavor. We used raisins and coconut as a garnish, and next time I think we'll try adding some chopped peanuts for extra texture. Otherwise, it was a great dish!"
"I added an extra apple, put raisins in to cook with the recipe instead of as a garnish and added more curry. My family liked it a lot. The second time I made it I substituted boneless chicken thighs for the pork, and we liked it better."
"This is delicious done just the way the recipe calls for it to be made. Here's a photo of my plate... it tastes as good as it looks!http://flic.kr/p/bmzqih"
"Had always made chicken curry and this was a welcome change. So easy and it was delicious."
"Pork and apple curry is one my family simply loves and makes any time they can. It's usually served over rice, which is just fine with all of us, as we love rice dishes."