"Here's a gentle curry dish that's sure to please American palates," pens Nancy Reck of Mill Valley, California. "For fun, try varying the garnish--add a few chopped peanuts or a little chutney."
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Increase heat to high. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring once.
- Serve with rice if desired. Sprinkle with raisins and coconut. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooker Pork And Apple Curry in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p8
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooker Pork and Apple Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review