Slow Cooker Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1 beef top round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Place roast, onion and peppers in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water and garlic. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef to a cutting board. Transfer vegetables and cooking juices to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and ginger until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cut beef into slices. Stir gently into sauce; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
Sort By :
Very similar to one I created. I loved the taste! it was easy also
Recipe saved! Most likely will **halve** since making full recipe would make too much. THANK YOU. J.