- 1 beef top round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Place roast, onion and peppers in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water and garlic. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef to a cutting board. Transfer vegetables and cooking juices to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and ginger until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Cut beef into slices. Stir gently into sauce; heat through. Serve with rice.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled beef mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
Sort By :
"YUMM-OOO!!! This recipe is so easy to set it and forget it in the slow cooker, and my husband, son, and I all L-O-V-E-D the outcome! This recipe has already been placed in my recipe binder, so it *will* be made on a regular basis! Thanks for submitting such an awesome recipe!!!"
"Delicious! I don't even like peppers but loved this recipe! The only thing I changed was adding more water to the crock pot to make more of the gravy! The family loved it as well!"
"Very tasty. I did freeze the leftovers and reheated it using a little beef broth. It wasn't as good."
"Very similar to one I created. I loved the taste! it was easy also"
"Recipe saved! Most likely will **halve** since making full recipe would make too much. THANK YOU. J."