Slow Cooker Pepper Steak Recipe
Pepper steak is one of my favorite dishes but I was always disappointed with beef that was too tough. This recipe solves that problem! The slow cooker keeps things simple and makes the meat very tender. I've stored leftovers in one big resealable bag and also in individual portions for quick lunches. —Julie Rhine, Zelienople, Pennsylvania
- 1 beef top round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Place roast, onion and peppers in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add water and garlic. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef to a cutting board. Transfer vegetables and cooking juices to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and ginger until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cut beef into slices. Stir gently into sauce; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Pepper Steak in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2014
Recipe saved! Most likely will **halve** since making full recipe would make too much. THANK YOU. J.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >