- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, cabbage, celery, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli
Sort By :
"This soup was easy and yummy.Because I wanted it for dinner tonight I made it on top stove instead of slow cooker.After adding all ingredients I simmered it for an hour adding elbow macaroni (I didn't have any datalini )the last 15 minutes."
"Shame on you who rate a recipe without actually making it!!!"
"This was a traditional soup in my Italian family. We used pancetta, or Italian bacon if you will, and we didn't use a crock pot, beans were soaked overnight, and then fully cooked. we also pureed some of the beans leaving the rest whole. Never the less, I will give this a try to see how it compares to my mon's soup. I have only given it a 3 star as I am unsure of the way it tastes will try to review again once made"
"This soup is soooo easy and taste soooo delicious. I made the whole batch. There are only two of us, so I froze two quarts to enjoy when soup weather arrives. Thanks for the recipe."
"This looks good but from what I have seen and read traditional Pasta Fegioli is meatless. I'm not rating this until I make it. I'll omitt the beef. I had to submit a rating In order to post."