Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, cabbage, celery, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli
Sort By :
I made 1/2 the recipe for my husband and I for lunch. I substituted Morning Star Crumbles for the ground turkey and substituted Better Than Bouillon Chicken No Chicken Bouillon for the chicken broth. I served it over tortellini. It's delicious. Thanks, Penny.
when i make mine its the same but instead of cabbage i use spinach or swiss chard
I doubled the hamburger (I have carnivore males in my family) and this made a hearty, tasty soup that made a lot. I will definitely make it again, especially in cold winter weather. Just 2 tweaks: I'll try reducing the dried basil to 1 teaspoon as I thought it was a tad overwhelming, and will add about 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to perk it up.
My husband is very particular about trying new dishes. I made this for him, and he was skeptical at first, but once he tasted it he was hooked. He loves it when I make this dish, and there is never any left uneaten...the left overs are eaten very quickly.
It was yummy - just in the end not much liquid so next time I will add a little more stock
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Fagioli >
- Pasta Recipes >