- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes, optional
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine soups and garlic salt; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. To thicken, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30 minutes longer, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner
Sort By :
"This was very good. I did, however, make one substitution. Instead of cream of mushroom (I hate mushrooms), I used cream of broccoli. Husband liked it so much, he ate two large bowls. Definitely going in my recipe box to be used again. Thank you for sharing!"
"This was the best chicken we ever had from a slow cooker. Very nice dinner to come home to after church. I wouldn't and didn't change a thing!"
"First time trying this dinner and I really Loved it"
"Good meal on a cool night. It does need more flavor. Be sure to add herbs."
"After reading other reviews, I used a few more potatoes, used crushed garlic instead of garlic salt and added rosemary for flavor. I used season salt and ground pepper on top of the chicken before adding soup. About an hour before serving, I removed the chicken to a platter and covered with foil and then added fresh mushrooms and frozen green beans to pot - turned pot up to high. The chicken was tender and the soup/veggies were very tasty. This is definitely a keeper."