- 2 small carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 2 small red potatoes, halved
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer the first seven ingredients in the order listed. Combine the water, bouillon, salt, thyme, basil and pepper; pour over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender and meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and vegetables. Thicken cooking juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Sunday Chicken
Sort By :
"Very, very bland. So disappointed."
"Since Sunday I like to TRY to relax more, it is the crock pot for me. Got on the computer and saw this and I got everything they mention and even a bit extra. Have done this kind of recipe but in the oven and it turns out good, and pretty sure this will be good tomorrow. For the Lady who needed more taste on her veggies. I use Mrs. Dash on alot and it works for us. I will use chicken stock though instead of the hot water and bouillon, Aldi's grocery store for a $1.79, had it for the holiday time and it has more flavor than the chicken broth."
"Okay, this is going to sound weird. I am not in a fan of pot roast. For me, this fulfilled the meat and potates desire and made the family happy. I used chiceken thighs with skin and bone in, seared the skin in the bacon fat, and made gravy. The results? I say better than pot roast!"
"Doubled the recipe and made it to a "T". Loved it, very filling and the chicken was perfect, but I wish it had a little more flavor in the veggies."
"can I use FROZEN breasts or should they be thawed 1st??"