This convenient slow-cooker dish makes a hearty supper for two that's special any day of the week. —Ruthann Martin, Louisville, Ohio
- 2 small carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 2 small red potatoes, halved
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer the first seven ingredients in the order listed. Combine the water, bouillon, salt, thyme, basil and pepper; pour over the top. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender and meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and vegetables. Thicken cooking juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sunday Chicken Supper in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Sunday Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review