- 2 small carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 celery rib, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 2 small red potatoes, halved
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (7 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer the first seven ingredients in the order listed. Combine the water, bouillon, salt, thyme, basil and pepper; pour over the top. Do not stir. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender and meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and vegetables. Thicken cooking juices for gravy if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Sunday Chicken(5)
Sort By :
We loved this meal. I did make a few adjustments, I bought frozen stew vegetables that had potato, carrot, and celery. I already had pearl onions so I used those. And I used boneless chicken breasts. We also put a little italian vinagrette on the potatoes, just for a little more flavor.
i live alone and only have one slow cooker and its 6 qt. what happens to the recipe? sounds good.
I alternate veggies according to what I have a taste for. It is always good. I have added frozen peas or beans after a few hours of cooking time and it turns out fine. Nice and healthy and easy.
The chicken was extremely moist and fall apart tender. I tripled the recipe for a family get together. One suggestion might be to flip the chicken half way through the cook time. The bottom had more flavor than the top since it was soaking up the juices. Since I tripled the recipeI cooked it for 10 hours.
It was very plain..didnt think it was worth it
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >