Slow-Cooked Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a large bowl, mix beans, cheese, salsa, onion, corn, rice, chili powder and cumin; spoon into peppers. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Stuffed Peppers(30)
Sort By :
Really simply and easy stuffed peppers recipe. I used ground beef instead of black beans but left everything else the same. The only thing I might do differently next time is make a sauce to go with it as my husband complained some of the meat was a bit dry.
Pretty simple and tasty, made without any meat but could easily add grnd beef or maybe some chicken.
These are great. I've used kidney beans in them before, and have used yellow peppers (because that's what I had on hand). They are a little dry for my taste, because my mom used to cook stuffed peppers in V-8 juice and they were super moist and flavorful.
I have prepared these ahead of time and frozen them (uncooked) to cook another day when I didn't have the time to prep it. Still turns out great!
Quick and easy! and delicious too! Definitely will make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >