Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the next 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until heated through. Discard bay leaf. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce(16)
Sort By :
Easy and delicious!
Great recipe, had enough to freeze for another meal
I made this, using 93% lean meat, adding 8 oz. of chopped mini-portabello mushrooms. I used all fresh herbs and Hunts brand tomato products. My family loved it and wants it ALL the time now! It gave a new meaning to "spaghetti". Thanks for giving me a new way to cook an old favorite!
I was not a fan of sausage until I tried this. It was very good! I've made it twice so far, once in the crock pot and once on the stove. Thank you for reforming me!:)
a very flavorful sauce
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >