Slow-Cooked Pork Burritos Recipe
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 14 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped green pepper, guacamole, reduced-fat sour cream and shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cut roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, taco seasoning, parsley, garlic, pepper and salt. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker; cool slightly. Shred with two forks; set aside. Skim fat from cooking liquid; stir in beans and chilies. Return pork to the slow cooker; heat through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture down the center of each tortilla; add toppings of your choice. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- To freeze burritos: Roll up burritos without toppings. Wrap individually in paper towels, then foil. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months. To use frozen burritos, unwrap foil. Place paper towel-wrapped burritos on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork Burritos(6)
Sort By :
Oops, I meant a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles like Rotel. Drained, just a bit. Don't want too much liquid.
Really good recipe. A little spicier helps boost the flavor. I added a finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper and a bit of chili powder. I'm thinking of throwing in a can (small) of diced green chilis next time, as well. But we all loved it, especially the kids. A winner.
The kids even ate it!
The pork cooked up nicely and shredded easily. Nice and tender, but could've used a bit more flavor for us.
Wow! I am just starting to cook everyday and was looking for recipes that are not too difficult to make and finding some that taste great as well. This is a recipe that has filled those requirements. Has already been written down and put into my recipe book,will make many times, real easy to prepare.
More Recipe Collections
- Burritos >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >