Slow-Cooked Bean Medley Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until onion and peppers are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Bean Medley(19)
Sort By :
Made this recipe for a cookout. I left out the corn and Lima beans, added an extra can beans. It was a hit, virtually no leftovers. Sweeter than I expected, but very good. Will add a jalepeno next time. It was a great side dish, and I found many people using it as a hotdog topping.
Great recipe. Took to a family gathering and everyone loved it, even the kids. Simple and delicious and it all fit into my 5-quart Crockpot.
Just an update on this recipe. It works great as an appetizer. Serve it cold with Frito scoops it is delicious.....
I made this dish for a Father's Day cookout and it was a hit. Loved the sweet, tangy taste of the sauce. Followed the recipe to a "T" with the exception of using pinto beans and cannellini beans in place of black-eyed peas and great northern beans, as I did not have them on hand. This makes alot so it is great for a get together.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bean Recipes >
- Black Eyed Pea Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >