Simple Marinated Shrimp Recipe
- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 medium lemons, cut into slices
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. glass serving bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, lemons and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over shrimp mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Simple Marinated Shrimp
Sort By :
"It is quite elegant in an ice bowl. Everyone fancies me a proffesional when I make it."
"Not sure what the fuss is all about. My husband and I love shrimp and found this to be totally inedible. The flavors did not compliment each other at all."
"Made this for Christmas Eve! WOW! Totally worth making! Allow time to marinate overnight, if you can wait that long!"