Mediterranean Shrimp Salad in a Jar
This Greek salad to go is packed with so much freshness, it instantly brightens up your day. Just layer it all in a jar and pack it up—then serve and enjoy. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 cups fresh arugula
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well. Combine orzo with Greek vinaigrette and herbs.
- In each of four 1-qt. wide-mouth canning jars, divide and layer ingredients in the following order: orzo mixture, shrimp, artichokes, red pepper, green pepper, red onion, Greek olives, feta cheese and arugula. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Transfer salads into bowls; toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 548 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 1287mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Orzo Salad in Make & Take Cookbook Bookazine 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.