Chopped Greek Salad in a Jar
We translated this Mediterranean-inspired favorite from Jenn Tidwell of Fair Oaks, California, into a layered lunch beauty. You’ll get some crunch, a bit of tang and a lot of amazing. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pepperoncini
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek olives
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 cups chopped romaine
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In each of four 1-qt. wide-mouth canning jars, divide and layer ingredients in the following order: olive oil mixture, pepperoncini, garbanzo beans, celery, Greek olives, tomato, feta and romaine. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Transfer salads into bowls; toss to combine.
Health Tip: The Greek olives and feta cheese add not just flavor, but a lot of fat and sodium, too. Leave them out and save 7g fat and over 400mg sodium per serving.