- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce with meat
- 4 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1-1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg; set aside. Spread 1/3 cup sauce in an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with one noodle. Spread 1/3 cup sauce to edges of noodle. Top with a third of reserved cheese mixture and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodle and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 3 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Simple Lasagna
"A perfect, easy to fix dish. I use a sweet basil and marinara sauce and layer some cooked Italian sausage with the other ingredients. Fantastic."
"Very easy and tasty."
"I was looking for a lasagna recipe for just one person. My husband is not a fan of lasagna. This sounds really good. Can't wait to try it before the weather turns warm."
"I actually got 4 servings out of this so it was perfect for two dinners. I used leftover homemade spaghetti sauce but like the idea that it can be made with jarred sauce. Also lends itself to adding extras such as extra meat, pepperoni, or veggies. Great recipe for a quick lasagna for 2!"
"Delicious! I made this last week, and I was surprised how good it was considering that it did not take long to cook at all! The only thing I would recommend is to add a bit more cheeses...I ran short. Making it again this week!"
"Such a good size...not too many left overs (if any ;). easy to make and super yummy. Will be making often!"
"This recipe is wonderful. I used cottage cheese instead of ricotta and added about 1/2 lb ground beef. I will definitely make it again."
"Very simple and tasty. The only adjustment I made was adding lean ground beef. Leftovers are also very tasty."
"Great recipe!!! I have also used regular noodles, just adjust baking time to 45-50 minutes. I have also used Prego Spaghetti Sauce with meatballs in it, tastes awesome!"