Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/2 pound Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or additional reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in oil until shrimp turn pink; remove and set aside. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Make a well in the center of the onion mixture; add egg. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until egg is completely set. Add the coleslaw mix, green onions, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce and peanuts; heat through.
- Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain noodles; toss with shrimp mixture. Garnish with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Pad Thai(19)
Sort By :
This had great flavor. Often recipes on here are lacking oomph. Not this one. Even the 6 yr old liked it. One can easily add more chili garlic if they want more spice. I followed recipe as is and it was perfect. Hubby said this needs to be made monthly.
I absolutely loved this! It was so easy and delicious! I will be adding it to my menu!
My 2year old son loved it but my husband and I did not. Too sweet and not enough veggies. I would perhaps try it again with some carrots or bean sprouts thrown and some sriracha.
Pretty good. I left out the peanuts and I too could not find fish sauce so I used the additional soy sauce. It was good but don't know if I would make again. My husband really enjoyed it.
Wonderful recipe. This is a family favorite!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Thai Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >