- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Crusty whole grain bread, optional
- In a large skillet, combine tomatoes, garlic powder and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle feta over shrimp; serve with bread if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp & Feta Skillet
"This is one of my husband's favorite recipes, and I love it because you can add anything you like and it only enhances the flavor. My husband loves olives, so chopping up some black olives and tossing them in is a great addition. Another plus is I don't like feta so he can add the cheese to the top of his while I leave it off and we're both happy. A really simple and quick meal."
"This was delicious! I think next time I might try marinating the shrimp overnight in some Italian dressing? I would also add more salt and more oregano. I would double the amount of feta cheese. Will make this again!"
"I wasn't expecting much from this recipe, but I happened to have the necessary ingredients on hand. I was very pleasantly surprised. The few minutes of simmering the tomatoes with the dried basil and the garlic (I used fresh) really deepened the flavors. Another plus for me was the fact that the recipe lends itself to being halved, which is important for the two of us. Next time I will try adding some fresh basil toward the end of the cooking time.(I also omitted the feta!)"