Shredded Venison Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless venison roast (4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 14 to 18 hamburger buns, split
- Cut venison roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, lemon juice, soy sauce, liquid smoke if desired and seasonings. Pour over venison. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. Using a slotted spoon, place meat mixture on bun bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 14-18 servings.
Reviews for Shredded Venison Sandwiches
Sort By :
"Great recipe with fantastic beef flavor! You seriously don't know that you are eating venison! Even my girlfriend who can be a pain in the butt when it comes to eating venison asked if I could make some more of those "hot beef" sandwiches for her!"
"Very good, my husband is a deer hunter so we used venison but it would also work well for pork. Sauce had a good flavor, meat was very tender!"
"I do not care for the game flavor & you cannot taste game in this recipe. It is a more savory than sweet BBQ sauce."
"This was wonderful! I borrowed a roast from my boyfriend's family to make this recipe, and it makes me wish I had a hunter in my family. Even if you aren't a venison fan, this recipe definitely makes it more than edible."