Dill and Dijon mustard add zip to the creamy corned beef filling in these party sandwiches. Substitute horseradish for the mustard and garlic powder for the dill for a fun variation. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated red onion
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thinly sliced seedless rye bread
- Fresh dill springs, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Stir in the corned beef, onion, dill and salt. Using a 2-in. shamrock cookie cutter, cut out two shamrocks from each slice of bread.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoonfuls of filling on the bottoms of half of the shamrocks; top with remaining shamrocks. Garnish with dill if desired. Yield: about 16 sandwiches.
Originally published as Shamrock Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p37
Reviews for Shamrock Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review