Seafood Cakes with Herb Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- SEAFOOD CAKES:
- 1-1/4 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 pound bay scallops, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound salmon fillet, skin removed and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- Additional finely chopped sweet red and yellow peppers and minced chives
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside 1/4 cup. Chill remaining sauce until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, peppers, onion, egg, parsley, chives and reserved sauce. Gently fold in scallops and salmon.
- With floured hands, shape mixture by 2 tablespoonfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook seafood cakes in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sauce. Garnish with additional peppers and chives. Yield: 40 appetizers (1/2 cup sauce).
Reviews for Seafood Cakes with Herb Sauce
Sort By :
This was good. I used scallops and shrimp in the fish cakes, in the sauce I replaced mayo with salad dressing. I did not have chives or relish so I used Mezzetta bell pepper relish. I used a package of salmon similar to the tuna salad packages. Even with all these changes it came out well