This savory side dish is a wonderful accompaniment to pork, beef and poultry. In season, fresh garden green beans can be substituted for the frozen.
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules, optional
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen whole green beans
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a saucepan, bring water and bouillon if desired to a boil. Add beans. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until beans are tender. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Drain beans; add to skillet. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Green Beans in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p9
Reviews for Savory Garlic Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2013
"My whole family really enjoyed the flavor...I used fresh french green beans and they were still crisp enough after cooking for about 12-15 minutes."
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2013