I began serving a version of this dish as a side with grilled salmon. I added sausage and rice-or noodles-to make a complete meal-in-one. -Debby Abel of Flat Rock, North Carolina
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2-in. pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage, zucchini and onion over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Zucchini Skillet in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Zucchini Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review