- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 22 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; fold in sausage.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into each jalapeno half. Place in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until filling is lightly browned and bubbly. Serve with ranch dressing if desired. Yield: 44 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Jalapenos
"I made these.. but I used green, yellow & red bell pepper long wedges and then added the filling and baked as on the recipe! every1 loved them and I was also happy to know that I could switch out the hotties and use bell peppers instead! another way I did these were to cook the filling and smear n2 flour tortillas and roll up - cut n 1/2 to make little sandwiches (I sometimes add scrambled eggs to the filling) different! no hot peppers allowed!"
"I just made these and they were a hit !!! I will serve them at the next pool party !!"
"I make these for cook outs always turn out great and everyone loves them"
"I can't tell you how many batches of these jalapenos I've made or how many times I've been asked for the recipe since I found it over 8 years ago. All I know is they are delicious and a huge hit every time I make them or take them anywhere."
"I have made these often...Love them! Don't leave in oven too long, the longer they cook the hotter the peppers seem to get! They will disappear in no time. I switch up a lot of recipes, but this one I make as is...I use low fat sausage though. Good!"