Sausage Ravioli Lasagna Recipe
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 jars (one 26 ounces, one 14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, basil and Italian seasoning; set aside. Drain ravioli.
- Spoon 1-1/3 cups spaghetti sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the ravioli and sausage. Spoon ricotta mixture over sausage; top with 1-1/3 cups sauce. Layer with remaining ravioli and sausage. Spread remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Ravioli Lasagna(6)
Sort By :
add garlic and onions when cooking meat
Family really liked this. I used turkey Italian sausage.
This recipe was good the first time but didn't have as much meat as my family likes so the second time I added some kielbasa and it made all the difference, even improved the flavor!
Thought this was a pretty good recipe. Pretty standard, seen it done before. I felt this recipe was appealing since it was nice and simple. Would make again if I wasn't feeling like plain ol spaghetti!
Loaded with calories, but a great indulgence. Usually my husband rates my new cooking endeavors as "Eh, it's ok." But this one got two thumbs up and "keeper" status.