Here’s a hearty entree that’ll have guests kissing the cook! You can easily alter it to please any palate—using ground beef or turkey for the sausage or beef ravioli instead of cheese. —Nicole Gazzo, Bondurant, Iowa
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 jars (one 26 ounces, one 14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, basil and Italian seasoning; set aside. Drain ravioli.
- Spoon 1-1/3 cups spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the ravioli and sausage. Spoon ricotta mixture over sausage; top with 1-1/3 cups sauce. Layer with remaining ravioli and sausage. Spread remaining sauce over top; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Ravioli Lasagna in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p73
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Ravioli Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review