- 1/2 pound bulk sage-flavored sausage or sausage of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the water, potatoes and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add corn; simmer 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into the sausage mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage Chowder
"Love this chowder recipe. It doesn't take long to make, reheats easily the next day and my husband LOVES it! Come to think of it...I LOVE it too. I usually add a little more onion to the recipe...but that's the only change I've made."
"This is one of my favorite Chowder recipes makes my family feel all warm and fuzzy"
"This recipe was super easy to put together. I omitted the corn and added some cheddar cheese and Italian cheese blend, served with a side of cheesy breadsticks, it was a hit with my entire family!"
"Used mild Italian sausage, added 1/2 tsp. Chipotle pepper and 1/2 cup of Tex-Mex Shredded Cheese at the end. Quite tasty! I will also try this with Smoked Sausage to see how it compares. We had cheese croissants with the chowder and they were a perfect compliment. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Wonderful, I used sausage we made from a wild bore I shot. This is a keeper. I did add carrots."