Sausage and Kale Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium Yukon Gold or red potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed and torn
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- In a Dutch oven over medium-low heat, cook the sausage, potatoes and onions in oil for 5 minutes or until sausage is heated through, stirring occasionally. Add kale; cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale is wilted. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 9-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Sausage and Kale Soup(11)
Sort By :
Very good soup...nice for these cold days ...added one sliced carrot for color and a little extra nutrition....definitely a keeper....also used frozen kale and kidney beans...other than that used ex act recipe.
I made this recipe for a potluck at work, I used anduoille sausage and kidney beans instead, everyone at work loved this soup and asked for the recipe. It was so flavorful and hearty. I will definitely be making this again very soon!
Very good! Used a pint of my own canned tomatoes and 1 large onion. And great northern beans, like other reviewers. This will be my go-to kale recipe.
wonderful soup! I have made this several times and my family always looks forward to it! Fast to prepare too which is a plus.
This is a delicious soup that has quickly become our families go to quick dinner. Substituted Great Northern Beans for the garbanzo/chickpeas and low-fat chicken sausage to save on the calories from traditional kielbasa. Yum-O! You won't be disappointed.