- 4 whole pita breads
- 1/2 cup refried black beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with beans. Top with salsa, chicken, chilies and olives; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with green onion; serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Santa Fe Chicken Pita Pizzas
Sort By :
"My family has not quit talking about this recipe. I love the combination of refried black beans, chicken, salsa, sour cream and green onions. Very tasty!! Thank you Athena Russell from Florence, SC for this great recipe."
"This was amazing! I would highly recommend it! I love the touch of Salsa in it!"
"The flavors blend together wonderfully and you forget you are eating something healthy. The only downfall to this recipe is that it is a bit time consuming. I would make this again!"
"Hold the olives and I will definitely make it again. Finally found a fun new use for my Joseph's Bakery pita bread for diabetics."
"These were very good. I couldn't find refried black beans so I just processed regular black beans (no sodium added) in my food processor. I also omitted the green chilis to suit our tastes. I also did not use a pita, I used a tortilla because that is what I had on hand and they turned out great. Excellent flavor."