Sand Art Brownie Mix Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. In a 1-qt. glass container, layer flour mixture, brown sugar, sugar, cocoa, chips and pecans. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, oil and vanilla. Add brownie mix; stir until blended.
- Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Sand Art Brownie Mix
Sort By :
"I made this for xmas gifts and it was ruined when they went to make it. The brown sugar was rock hard..is there a secret? I was so embarrassed and my family makes fun of me all the time now"
"Im an avid baker and wanted a good one bowl brownie mix for christmas gifts. I hate to be negative but was so disappointed in this recipe and want to warn others before they try. From my experience this recipe was not worth my time and energy. This was a really bland, bad cake if anything, definitely not a brownie. I would be embarrassed to give this as a gift."
"Before giving as a gift, I really wanted to actually try the brownies to see if it was worth giving! It turned out awesome! Fudgey Brownies! I am considering putting Christmas colored M&M's instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips to make the packaging a little more colorful! I made half with pecans and half without. We'll see what the kids and hubby think!"
"I wish I could give this recipe 10 stars. This recipe is so much better than store-bought mixes -- which I will NEVER buy again. I've made them three times so far, exactly as directed. The next time I make these, instead of semi-sweet and white chocolate, I'm going to use peanut butter chips!!!"