Sand Art Brownies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder. In a 1-qt. glass container, layer flour mixture, cocoa, sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips and M&M's, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool, dry place up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. Beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir in brownie mix. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake until center is set, 26-28 minutes (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 22, 2019
Delicious but definitely needed more cooking time. I found it fits into a 24oz jar perfectly and I've made 3 for gifts already.
Jan 10, 2019
My daughter made these on her own for a teacher gift this Christmas. They looked beautiful, and she was so proud of them. The teacher made them and brought them in to share with the class, and she said they were delicious!
Dec 7, 2017
I make these every year with my 4th grade students for parent gifts. We call them Christmas brownies and have a lot of fun layering the ingredients in the jar. I adjusted the recipe to bake for 35-40 minutes because whenever I baked them according to the directions, they were a gooey mess of underbaked brownies.