- 40 saltines
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 pounds.
Reviews for Saltine Toffee Bark
"Try using Ritz crackers, it is better than with saltines, adds a nice butter flavor."
"Super easy. I only use 1 cup of dark chocolate chips and spread them evenly after melting. You don't need any toppings either. Always a hit when I make it."
"Love these types of toffee, very easy and very addictive"
"This is an easy and delicious recipe. I used toffee bits and chopped cashews as toppings. This a great recipe for holiday gift trays."
"Try it with a layer of pretzels instead of saltines. Just be sure the pretzels are all flat and packed tightly together. Yum!"