Saltine Toffee Bark Recipe
- 40 saltines
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil. Arrange saltines in a single layer on foil; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over top. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 pounds.
Reviews for Saltine Toffee Bark
Sort By :
My family LOVES this stuff! This was my first time using English toffee bits as I had always just made them plain! This was a hit for sure!! I had to hide some so I could have a few pieces! will make again for sure! It is great to have at Christmas to bring to parties!
I have made these before and they are wonderful, everyone should try them. There are so easy to make. And you will love them.
I've been making these for a few years now. They are everyone's favorite and I get requests for them all year round. I've started to get creative with different combinations. I've done dark chocolate with coconut flakes and Mint choc chips with crushed M&Ms (In the future I'd definitely use mini M&Ms, unless you need to get out some frustration, then stick with the regular size ones and hammer them!). The classic is still a crowd favorite!
These are a huge hit every time I make them! The sweet and salty combination is irresistible.
Fantastic recipe! I made it twice, the first time I used Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate morsels and it came out perfect. The second time I used toll house semi sweet morsels and the chocolate totally seized and it didn't work at all.