Salmon Mousse Cups Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fully cooked salmon chunks or 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour and mix well. Shape into 24 balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the salmon, broth, sour cream, onion, lemon juice and salt until blended. Spoon into the shells. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with dill. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Salmon Mousse Cups
Sort By :
"Loved that you can make the cups and filling in advance of a party. They look cute and taste great."
"I used the frozen fillo cups and made the filling a day ahead so the flavors would blend, then filled the cups just before serving. I also added an 1/8 c minced gherkins and 1 tbsp. minced fresh dill. They were okay, but next time I'll try chive and onion cream cheese and more gherkins. Easy for sure and tasty."
"Have stopped counting the number of times I've made these! I find them addicting as do those who try them. However, I do not make the cups in the recipe. I prefer to use the frozen filo cups, perfect size every time. I also make the salmon up a day ahead and let it chill before filling the cups which I also chill once filled. They are as tasty as the first time, so leftovers are great."
"I make these every year at Christmas. I use smoked salmon. So good!"
"I have made these for MANY occasions, including a couple of weddings! ALWAYS a hit! I usually do NOT use the cups called for in the recipe, but substitute wonton wrappers. Easily baked in a mini muffin pan and look great, too! A+++++!!!"