- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 3/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 pound smoked salmon fillets
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- Optional garnishes: additional fresh goat cheese, capers and dill
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and water. Combine the wheat flour, all-purpose flour and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the goat cheese, red peppers, lemon juice, paprika and garlic; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spread 2 tablespoons cheese mixture down the center of each crepe. Top each with salmon, spinach, capers and dill; roll up. Garnish with additional cheese, capers and dill if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Salmon and Goat Cheese Crepes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p71
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Salmon and Goat Cheese Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review