- 1 cup packed rose petals (about 6 medium roses)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a large saucepan, combine rose petals, water and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until petals lose their color. Strain, reserving liquid and discarding petals. Return liquid to the saucepan.
- Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour into a jar and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Rose Petal Honey in Birds & Blooms April/May 1995, p55
Reviews for Rose Petal Honey
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review