- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage or 4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2-3/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Starting about a third in from one side, make a lengthwise slit down the roast to within 1/2 in. of the bottom. Turn roast over and make another lengthwise slit starting about a third in from the opposite side. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness; remove plastic wrap.
- Combine mustard and garlic; rub two-thirds of the mustard mixture over roast. Combine the chives, sage, thyme, rosemary, 3/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle two-thirds of the herb mixture over roast. Roll up jelly roll style, starting with a long side; tie several times with kitchen string. Rub oil over roast; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Place roast on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Brush roast with remaining mustard mixture and sprinkle with remaining herbs. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Roasted Herb-Stuffed Pork Loin(1)
Sort By :
This has been the best stuffed pork I've had in years... So good and quick to put together. I was nervous as some of the ingredients as I don't have much experience cooking with them and I'm not a huge fan of thyme so I cut that in half, but it turned out fantastic and the roast was gone in one dinner! thanks for sharing =-)
More Recipe Collections
- German Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >