Roast Beef and Gravy Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Beef and Gravy
Sort By :
I made this with beef broth instead of sherry. It was very good.
So yummy & so easy!
I used a can of mushroom soup and a can of French onion soup, and the sherry. I did not use the onion soup mix. It was fabulous! Just an FYI, in the comments they are saying they braised the roast before they put it in the slow cooker. I do believe they meant SEARED or BROWNED the roast before it went in the slow cooker.
I've made this recipe several times for my family of 4. It's one of the few meals that everyone likes!
This will be a regular!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >