My husband loves to barbecue, so when it's hot outside, we do entire meals on the grill. Since our kids love rice, we often include this tangy side dish as part of the menu. —Shirley Hopkins, Olds, Alberta
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a 9-in. round disposable foil pan, combine the first seven ingredients. Dot with butter. Cover with heavy-duty foil; seal edges tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rice on the Grill in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p10
Reviews for Rice on the Grill
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review