- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a 9-in. round disposable foil pan, combine the first seven ingredients. Dot with butter. Cover with heavy-duty foil; seal edges tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Rice on the Grill
"I made this last night for my husband and I and was pleasantly surprised how GOOD this is as I am not a fan of instant rice (the rice didn't seem "instant" at all in this recipe) I mixed the ingredients in another bowl separately and then added to the foil pan, I also used a cup of chicken broth and green onions, I had a large 2nd helping of this rice, I loved the flavors of this, I will be making this a lot this Summer when I BBQ which is often! Thank you for a easy, great rice recipe!"
"Loved this recipe! So easy and delicious."
"My husband and I loved this, I tweaked it a bit due to some other reviewers input. Instead of ketchup I used my favorite sweet and spicy bbq sauce and I also used brown rice, I put a splash of soy sauce in too. Instead of water I used 1 cup of chicken broth. This turned out so tasty, it will be a staple in my grilling sides from now on!"
"I just used the idea! Used 3 cups of leftover cooked rice, sautéed the onions, peppers and mushrooms. Also added sautéed celery &, carrots, frozen peas and drained/rinsed water chestnuts. Did not need the water but still used 1/2 c of chicken broth and used 2 TBLSP of soy sauce. Could probably use teriyaki sauce or sweet and sour sauce. I followed the rest of the instructions.....not too shabby!"
"We did not care for this. May try this again using brown rice- non "minute rice". May add more vegetable for more flavor."