- 1-1/3 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a 9-in. round disposable foil pan, combine the first seven ingredients. Dot with butter. Cover with heavy-duty foil; seal edges tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Rice on the Grill
Sort By :
"Loved this recipe! So easy and delicious."
"My husband and I loved this, I tweaked it a bit due to some other reviewers input. Instead of ketchup I used my favorite sweet and spicy bbq sauce and I also used brown rice, I put a splash of soy sauce in too. Instead of water I used 1 cup of chicken broth. This turned out so tasty, it will be a staple in my grilling sides from now on!"
"I just used the idea! Used 3 cups of leftover cooked rice, sautéed the onions, peppers and mushrooms. Also added sautéed celery &, carrots, frozen peas and drained/rinsed water chestnuts. Did not need the water but still used 1/2 c of chicken broth and used 2 TBLSP of soy sauce. Could probably use teriyaki sauce or sweet and sour sauce. I followed the rest of the instructions.....not too shabby!"
"We did not care for this. May try this again using brown rice- non "minute rice". May add more vegetable for more flavor."
"I rated it average, because it was not our favorite...but would try it again with some different sauces because it was convenient to do on the grill! Tried a BBQ sauce but didn't really care for that. Will try with ketchup next time or different flavor bbq."