- 4 cups cold fat-free milk, divided
- 1 package (1 ounces) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 package (1 ounces) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk 1-1/3 cups milk and vanilla pudding for 2 minutes. Pour into graham cracker crust.
- In another large bowl, whisk 1-1/3 cups milk and butterscotch pudding mix for 2 minutes. Carefully spoon evenly over the vanilla layer.
- In a third large bowl, whisk remaining milk and chocolate pudding mix for 2 minutes. Carefully spread evenly over butterscotch layer. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ribbon Pudding Pie
"Takes longer than recipe stated to firm up. The chocolate overwhelmed the rest of the flavors."
"This is one of my favorite pudding pie recipes. I have made it many times following the recipe exactly and have had no trouble whatsoever getting it to set up. It cut beautifully. The flavors really blend well. I especially like to make this on a hot day when I don't want to turn on the oven."
"To make the pie stiffer, use less milk. Mine was too mushy."
"I have made this pie several times, I love it, my husband and his brother would prefer it without the chocolate pudding (are you kiddine me)/easy to make, but be sure you use the INSTANT IN ALL. Thanks, Lynne"
"Earlier I posted a comment about the pie slices falling apart. At that time it had set up for over an hour. About 6 hours later I went to cut a piece of the pie and found it had set up very nicely. Just takes awhile to set up. The pie is easy to make and tastes great."
"I made this pie to share with another diabetic friend. tasted good but appearance was poor. When i tried to serve it each piece fell apart. I think it would be better in parfait glasses ."
"My 13 year old Granddaughter put this pie together. It was a wonderful dessert."
"Taste was good, but I too felt it was soupy."
"The flavors were great. The only problem I had was that it did not set up real well. I'm thinking of freezing it for a bit before it's cut because it seems to run a bit when it's cut."
"My husband is diebetic and this pie was great. He loved it. wants to know when I'm making it again"