Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and apples or strawberries; toss to coat. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Crisp(22)
Sort By :
This is a great recipe. I've tried others that had way more sugar and not near as good as this!
I love rhubarb and I was so excited to try this but mine turned out really dry on top and I need to try it again to see if I made a mistake
Made just like recipe said. Not only was this an amazing dessert, it made my house smell great. It was so easy and really delicious. Topped it with vanilla ice cream. My husband topped it with Cool Whip. Both were wonderful. Try this recipe.
I followed this recipe to a tee and it turned out great. I made it with the strawberries. Not too tart and not too sweet. Just right:)
yes I made this and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe.my mother is 99 had 3ards