- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and apples or strawberries; toss to coat. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Crisp
Sort By :
"This was so easy to make, I made it with fresh rhubarb and fresh blueberries, topped with a little whip cream and it was delicious ! It was a real hint with my family!"
"Had given up on Rhubarb Crisp recipes. This one works! Made mine with rhubarb and strawberries."
"Easy to make and yummy. Used rhubarb and an apple. Served with ice cream and did not think was too sweet at all. Will make again!"
"Yummy recipe. This one is a keeper :)"
"Just made this recipe. It's yummy, but very, very sweet.. I substituted almond flour for the all-purpose flower. Next time, I think I'll add a little more cinnamon and reduce the amount of sugar."