- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and apples or strawberries; toss to coat. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRhubarb Crisp
"Awesome! I couldnt find strawberries so used 2 pears instead - and it's super fruity and tastes of springtime :)"
"This is a delicious springtime dessert. I make it for my husband and I and he can't get enough of it. It is so good and the combination of rhubarb and strawberries are perfect."
"Great recipe, so yummy! I used apples instead of strawberries. and made two batches and gave one to my neighbour"
"I made this yesterday. I made a big batch and used both apples and strawberries in it. I quite enjoyed it and the friends with whom I shared it told me it was really tasty. I may make it again next year."
"Super delicious. Definitely a keeper."
"Thank you, ladies, for all the help. Marvelous apple recipe."
"Yummy! I substituted raspberries for the strawberries and it was delicious."
"This is just awesome! I used apples with the rhubarb and regular oats. Followed the recipe as printed. I'm going to try blueberries and walnuts or pecans next time"
"Not too sweet, perfect. Next time I'll add walnuts in the topping!"