Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and apples or strawberries; toss to coat. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Crisp
Sort By :
"I thought this was excellent. I made the silly mistake of adding the brown sugar to the fruit as well as the white sugar, I misread when it said "add the sugar".. And it still tasted great, very quick and easy! I also didn't have strawberries, so used a mix of blueberries and raspberries frozen, and the recipe still turned out great!"
"Very good recipe. The only thing different that I did was to combine the dry topping ingredients in the food processor and pulse cool (not quite room temperature) butter into it. This made it easier to sprinkle the crumbly chunks over the top of the fruit. The first time I made this, I used melted butter like it called for. I thought the topping before baking was too squishy that way. I like the crumbles better. That being said, it tastes marvelous and the texture is perfect either way. I recommend greasing the pan for easier cleanup. A doubled recipe fits in a 9 x 13 pan. Bake the doubled recipe about 10 minutes longer."
"Very Nice! I used apple and was surprised how nice it goes with rhubarb! Its a keeper!"
"Delicious and simple, my whole family loved it!"
"Simple and delicious. I cut the sugar down a tad."