- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups sliced fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups sliced peeled apples or sliced strawberries
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and apples or strawberries; toss to coat. Spoon into an 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Rhubarb Crisp
Sort By :
"Yummy! I substituted raspberries for the strawberries and it was delicious."
"This is just awesome! I used apples with the rhubarb and regular oats. Followed the recipe as printed. I'm going to try blueberries and walnuts or pecans next time"
"Not too sweet, perfect. Next time I'll add walnuts in the topping!"