Fresh raspberries add lovely layers of color to this easy-to-assemble dessert. A rich mixture of sweetened cream cheese and whipped cream is a refreshing change from the pudding found in many trifles. —Wendy Block, Abbotsford, British Columbia
- 1 package (9 ounces) white or yellow cake mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely grated or shaved
- Grated chocolate or chocolate curls, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions. Cool; cut into 3/4-in. cubes. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- In a trifle bowl or individual dessert glasses, layer half of cake cubes, 1-1/2 cups raspberries, half of cream cheese mixture and half of chocolate. Repeat layers.
- Top with the remaining raspberries. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Cheesecake Trifle in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p44
Reviews for Raspberry Cheesecake Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review