Cozy up to the fire with a plate of satisfyingly sweet cookies that taste like home. Side them with a mug of hot chai tea or ice-cold milk, and no one will be able to resist them. —Jacque Sue Meyer, Lohman, Missouri
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sweet potato and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Raisin Sweet Potato Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p59
Reviews for Raisin Sweet Potato Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review