- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup French-fried onions, coarsely chopped
- 7 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, onions, milk and parsley just until moistened. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Quicker Chicken and Dumplings
"This turned out much better than I thought it would. It was very filling. I did use suggestions from other reviews and added some salt, pepper, and a chicken boullion cube."
"Definitely needed some seasoning. Remember to turn down the temperature when simmering your dumplings even though the recipe doesn't say to. This only made three healthy servings. Will make this again but double the amount of vegetables and soup/milk."
"Family loved this, but I'll add salt and pepper next time and maybe another can of soup."
"Great base for a quick chicken and dumplings! It did need salt and pepper and I will add a chicken bouillon cube next time."