- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Oyster crackers, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, curry powder and onion powder until smooth. Gradually add tomato juice and sugar. Cook, uncovered, until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve with crackers if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Quick Tomato Soup
Sort By :
"I wanted to try this but found after I started that I didn't have curry. Decided to use the onion powder and basil. Quick, easy and delicious with a slice of beer bread, perfect for a very cold Ohio winter evening."
"This is hands down my favorite tomato soup to make and eat. It's quick, has simple ingredients and my entire family enjoys it. I also make homemade croutons to go on top. I shared my recipe for them on my blog. You can find it here: http://his-girl-friday.com/2015/01/07/cold-hands-warm-heart-and-the-best-tomato-soup-recipe-ever/"
"This wasn't to bad it seems to be missing something, I just couldn't figure it out. But we dipped our grilled cheese in it and yum."
"Excellent tomato soup and so easy to make. I made a few changes to my liking, fried a 10oz. package of sliced baby brown mushrooms, added a packet of chicken bouillon, 1 teaspoon of dried basil and 1/4 of cup of cooking sherry. This is a keeper in my recipes and will be making this again & again.Jane thank you so much for sharing this recipe."
"I thought this tomato soup was very flavorful but was a little heavy on curry for my liking. Next time I will try reducing the curry powder and adding some extra onion powder, which I thought was a little lost in the recipe."