- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Oyster crackers, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, curry powder and onion powder until smooth. Gradually add tomato juice and sugar. Cook, uncovered, until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes. If desired, serve with crackers. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Quick Tomato Soup
"I use this recipe for my soup and sandwich restaurant and received excellent reviews from customers the only thing different is instead of the flour and I add heavy cream to make it rich and creamy..the curry is what sets this apart from the rest IMO.."
"Made it once as directed and threw it out. Made a second batch without the curry and it was much better. Had to use tomato sauce and watered it down"
"We really like it with V-8 instead of regular tomato juice, leaving out the curry powder."
"I wanted to try this but found after I started that I didn't have curry. Decided to use the onion powder and basil. Quick, easy and delicious with a slice of beer bread, perfect for a very cold Ohio winter evening."
"This is hands down my favorite tomato soup to make and eat. It's quick, has simple ingredients and my entire family enjoys it. I also make homemade croutons to go on top. I shared my recipe for them on my blog. You can find it here: http://his-girl-friday.com/2015/01/07/cold-hands-warm-heart-and-the-best-tomato-soup-recipe-ever/"