Jane Ward's family often requests her sweet homemade tomato soup on cold winter days. "It's great with a sandwich and nearly as quick to fix as the canned variety." adds the Churchville, Maryland reader.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Oyster crackers, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, curry powder and onion powder until smooth. Gradually add tomato juice and sugar. Cook, uncovered, until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve with crackers if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quick Tomato Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p40
Reviews for Quick Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review