This is one of my favorite ways to fix chicken in a hurry. Everybody just loves it and leftovers are always just as good the next day. For variation, I’ve used pork instead of chicken and added additional ingredients like pineapple, mandarin oranges, snow peas and broccoli. –Vicki Ruiz, Twin Falls, Idaho
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or sherry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable, combine the first seven ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Transfer to a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Add green pepper and cashews. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring once. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Chicken in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Apricot Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2016
"Quick dinner - tasty sauce."
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2013
"Great quick recipee"
Reviewed May. 21, 2013
"Excellent and super easy"
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2013
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2012
"Easy, great flavor, and a hit with the hubby and kids. Definitely a keeper!"